Do you know why the need for Digital Marketing has arise? Because old methods of marketing doesn't work anymore. Ads on TV, Newspapers, Radio and Magazines are not working. The reason is people are not spending much time on these platforms. Rather they are using Digital devices like, mobiles, tablets, laptops, iPad etc. Much of their time is spent on social media, apps and websites. The only way to reach your customers is through digital marketing. Companies look for social media experts, Content marketing experts, SEO experts to grow and sustain in their businesses. Every business having a product or a service and wants to make revenue needs to shift their focus from traditional marketing to Digital Marketing. So, if you run a company and want to grow it, it will only come from digital marketing. Now, the companies itself don’t have much time to focus on this area so they hire Digital Marketing experts while they focus on its core activities of the business.
But, what is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing, as known as online or internet marketing. However, internet marketing is different from digital marketing. Internet marketing is advertising of your product and services solely on the Internet whereas digital marketing covers mobile phones, smartphone apps, email, Social Media Marketing, display advertising, search engine marketing, and video games and so on. Digital marketing is a broad term that encompasses various inbound and outbound online marketing tactics. If the marketing of your product or service involves the use of electronic devices, that’s digital marketing! When strategizing your marketing plan, you need to have a clearly set goal and accordingly plan your strategy. For example, increasing organic traffic by 50% in 4 weeks.
What is SEM in Digital Marketing?
Search engine optimization and search engine marketing can be a confusing concept to grasp. It is important to understand the difference between the two terms. SEO is increasing the amount of website visitors by getting the site to appear high on results returned by a search engine. SEM is considered internet marketing that increases a site's visibility through organic search engines results and advertising. Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) primarily through paid advertising. SEM is also called the paid cousin of SEO. Allocate time frames for each of your campaigns and various digital marketing efforts for effective results.
Types of Digital Marketing?
Online marketing is any effort to spread the word about your company. You have to decide between being a follower or a leader. Alone, can you handle digital marketing tools? Or you need to outsource to digital companies? If yes, then figure out your budget and resources accordingly. Let’s discuss the types of Digital Marketing channels.
- SEO : It is the process of getting traffic from the free, organic, editorial, natural search results on search engines. This is the process of optimizing your website to "rank" higher in search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic traffic your website receives. The channels that benefit from SEO include Websites, Blogs or infographics. Search engines have crawlers who gathers information about all content they can find on Internet. One is Organic i.e. (Natural) which is trustworthy and authoritative. Another is Paid SEO i.e. Ads like pay per click advertising.
- Content Marketing : A content marketing strategy is what sits underneath those snappy blog headlines and quirky social media posts. It is the form of online writing which is closely linked to web marketing campaigns. It also improves your efficiency, as the same content can be strategically shared in multiple places.
- Email Marketing : Highly effective digital marketing strategy of sending emails to prospects and customers. It may regarding sending blog subscription newsletters, Follow up emails, Welcome emails for customers, promotional emails etc.
- Social Media Marketing : “Content is King, but context is God.” It is a process of gaining traffic or attention through social media sites. When you are noticing that a channel is underperforming, cut the funds from there and move it to a better performing channel. Keep your audience, their demographics, and their language at the forefront when creating your digital marketing strategy. The channels you can use in social media marketing include Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest etc.
- Marketing Automation : Marketing automation refers to the software that serves to automate your basic marketing operations. Many marketing departments can automate repetitive tasks they would otherwise do manually, such as Email newsletters, Social media post scheduling like buffer, Contact list updating, Campaign tracking and reporting.
- Affiliate Marketing : It is a process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s or companies products on your own websites. E.g. Posting affiliate links from your social media accounts.
- Voice Search : A voice device like Amazon Echo or Google home tell us the weather or news. There is voice assistant on smartphones whose popularity is increasing. This voice search is very important to keep up with the marketing trends. This could also mean new opportunities to engage with customers, new ways to advertise and may mean new ways to advertise format content. We need to be proactively prepared of what comes next.
- Interactive Chatbots : The age of the robots is upon us! Sort of. AI and machine learning have been getting more and more sophisticated for the past few years; and, that’s funneling its way into all kind of automated marketing tools; including, voice search and Alexa-style commands. Now, it’s filtered down into chatbots that can process and answer simple questions. We’re not quite at the stage where an interactive chatbot can engage in sophisticated conversation with a human being; but, for basic enquiries, these are awesome for engagement. For example, let’s say a customer wants to check whether you’re open on a particular holiday. In the past, they might have sent your marketing team a Facebook message, then waited around until the next day for a response. Now, an interactive chatbot is on hand to answer a question like this in seconds. In fact, on some social media sites and websites, chatbots jump up and start the conversation automatically!
Digital marketing can help any business acquire new clients and create a brand in the market. Gluu can help you with your digital marketing strategy. Give us a call today to find out more on 02035002602 or email on email@example.com